12' x 24' Sheds
- Size category: Large
- Best uses: Storing boats, classic cars, tractors, lawn furniture, snowmobiles, motorcycles, bicycles and more. Also ideal as a workshop, pool shed, bar shed man cave/she shed
- Square footage: 288 sq. ft.
- Yard size: Large yards
- Actual size: 12’W x 24’D (12′ by 24′)
- Upgrades to consider: 12×12 sheds with lofts for overhead storage. Ramps are helpful to bring tractors and ATV’s in and out
- Cost: $4,299 (do-it-yourself) – $6,399 (installed)
12×24 Sheds Common Uses
Whether you want to use your 12×24 shed for simple storage, vehicle storage, recreational space like a bar shed or active workspace, 288 sq. ft. of space gives you the room to do it. You could park 4 average sized ATVs inside and still have room to walk between them and plenty of room in the back for all of your tools and a workbench. This is a great size for a large ‘maker’ shed because there is so much room to store raw materials, build and tinker and store finished product. Many people have used sheds of this size to start a business right in their back yard. On the east coast, where craftsmen continue to build boats, a shed of this size is ideal. Also consider barn style sheds that offer overhead storage space for lofts.
How to Determine if 12×20 Sheds will Fit in Your Yard
To determine the size of your shed, you need to have a clear idea about its intended purpose. Will it be for storage or active use like woodworking? Or, both? Another important factor is what size and shape will fit the specific features and size of your backyard best. For example, how large is the yard, how many trees are on the property or how hilly is the property? Sometimes, it’s not just about the number of acres of your property – it’s how much level ground is on the property because if the ground is not level or close to level you may require a more complicated foundation or site preparation before 12×24 shed installation can occur.
Be sure to check out our shed buyers guide to learn more on how to prep your yard for a 12 by 24 shed.